Welcome to our first Takeover Challenge of week two!! Today's challenge is to use glitter! And I am so excited about today's project! This is a technique I've been meaning to try out for months and I finally had a chance to play with this great sticker product. But first let's get to the challenge rules...
1) Challenges will be posted on Mon., Wed., & Fri. this week.
2) You will have two days to complete your challenge project.
3) Project photos must be posted on our Facebook page, either in a wall post or in the photo album labeled, "Takeover Challenges."
4) At the end of each challenge, I will select a winner and that person will win free product.
5) If you participate in every challenge then you will be entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be selected the week of August 15.
On to today's project! One of our customers taught a class in the Spring using Elizabeth Craft stickers and glitter. I was amazed at her beautiful cards but couldn't attend the class so I just picked up a set of these cupcake stickers. (We have a wonderful selection of these stickers in the store!)
To make these images you place one of the outline stickers on top of a sheet of wonder tape (also called Red Line tape). You'll want the sheets of these tape, not the roll. I cut out a piece of wonder tape that was just a bit larger than the sticker. I then poured a very fine white/clear glitter over the wonder tape, pressing down to adhere the glitter to the glue. Shake off the excess and then...color right on top of the glitter with Copic markers!! Love, love, love the results! Isn't it the coolest thing ever! It's even more shimmery in person, which you can check out as this card is in the store!! **Smile** I ended up cutting out the cupcake image and used foam tape to pop it up on a Nestibilities circle. (The designer paper is from October Afternoon).
For today's challenge, you have until midnight on Tuesday, August 9 to create your project and post in on our Facebook page, either in a wall post or in the album titled "Takeover Challenges." Remember...prizes are involved for those who participate in the challenges!
My 2018 Memory Keeping Plans
22 hours ago