Monday, August 1, 2011

Takeover Challenge #1 - Core-dinations

Welcome to day one of the Wholly Scrap! Takeover! I'll be posting here every day for the next two weeks, while Denise and her family is on a vacation...where there aren't any phones or internet.....oh, if she only knew what I was up to!! :-)

Today we start with a challenge!! Participating in our challenges is the only way to be entered in to our prize drawings so please read all of the rules carefully!

1) Challenges will be posted on Mon., Wed., & Fri. for the next two weeks.
2) You will have two days to complete your challenge project.
3) Project photos must be posted on our Facebook page, either in a wall post or in the photo album labeled, "Takeover Challenges."
4) At the end of each challenge, I will select a winner and that person will win free product.
5) If you participate in every challenge then you will be entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be selected the week of August 15.



Today's challenge is to use Core-dinations paper on your project, which can be a card, scrapbook page, or anything three-dimensional. You may use any variation of Core-dinations. For example, on my card I used the new embossed Core-dinations, which comes with designs already embossed in to the cardstock. The store is well stocked with Core-dinations paper, in plain colors, and also embossed. Cost runs from .45-.85/per 12x12 sheet.

I paired the alphabet Core-dinations cardstock with this stunning designer paper from Graphic 45, "The Magic of Oz." One of the things I love about this paper line is that it comes with cards and other images that can be easily cut out and used as a focal point on a card or scrapbook page. Since Dorothy is the star of Oz, I had to use her as my main image. And taking a design tip from Donna-Marie, I added two pearl stick pins to my card as an embellishment, along with red-glitter chipboard stars and black rhinestones. (We have a limited supply of these beautiful, vintage stick pins in stock...3 for $1.00!) I also cut out the faux stamp and used a 1/8" hole punch to create the postage stamp look. Fun stuff!!

All supplies used on today's challenge card (with the exception of the chipboard and pearl spheres) can be found at Wholly Scrap! You have until midnight on Tuesday, August 2 to complete this challenge and post your project on our Facebook page! And if you have a blog and post your card on line, feel free to leave me a comment with a link back to your page. We'd love to highlight your work on the store blog!!

Enjoy today's challenge and get creating!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this challenge idea, Kim! I'm going to have to steal it for Toyrifix sometime!

    ReplyDelete