Saturday, April 30, 2011

How To Use It - Sizzix Big Shot

I received a question today about the correct sandwiching for the Big Shot and the various die cuts and embossing folders so I thought I'd give you a basic overview of the top three uses today!



Now I do things just a bit differently than Sizzix recommends because I prefer to layer my paper first and then my die on top of the paper. In order to do that, my sandwiching is slightly different than Sizzix's(following my directions or the directions that come with the Big Shot will both work.)



1) Sizzix and/or Tim Holtz dies (Thick dies) - Working from the bottom, up: Clear plastic plate, cardstock, die, clear plastic plate. Run through the Big Shot.



2) Nestibilities and/or QuicKutz - Working from the bottom, up: Thick white platform with Tab 1 and Tab 2 closed, clear plastic plate, cardstock, die, clear plastic plate. Run through the Big Shot.



3) Embossing Folder - Working from the bottom, up: Thick white platform with Tab 1 open, clear plastic plate, embossing folder with cardstock inserted, clear plastic plate. Run through the Big Shot.



Hopefully that answers some basic questions for you! Of course you'll always welcome to stop by the store with more questions or for more details. And we happen to have the Big Shot in stock...why not stop by this weekend, grab a Big Shot, and start practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment