Sunday, December 5, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day Three

How excited are we for day three! Love it, love it, love it! So far today's tag is one of my all time favorites and I am ga-ga over the tissue tape flower...stunning and so easy. Tim has a video on his blog so be sure to hop on over to check it out, if interested in how to re-create the flower.

For today's tag, I had quite a few of the materials needed for the tag but was missing the branch stamp and bird die that Tim used on his tag. However, I do happen to have a few tree/twig stamps in my collection and found that this branch stamp was perfect for the tag. The bird and crown image is from a Tim Holtz stamp set.

The tissue tape flower...oh my, this is such an fun and easy technique that creates an amazing embellishment. The flower middle is from Tim's button assortment. I didn't have the sticker that Tim used on his tag (next to the flower) but I did have one of his paper stacks so I found a fun Bingo card to fill the space. I also used a random stick pin to hold on the Bingo card. Love the little pearl and jewel embellies on the stick pin. The bottom on my tag is decorated with a few random pieces of ribbon...a lovely velvet piece from American Crafts and a wavy brown ribbon.

So what's on sale from today's tag? A whole bunch!

  • Tissue Tape
  • Salvage Sticker Book
  • Caged Bird Die
  • Accourtrements (Vintage Buttons)
  • Memo Pin
  • Tiny Attacher
  • Winter Sketchbook & Letters to Santa stamp sets
  • Trimmings

And remember...if we don't have an item in stock at the store, we will be happy to place an order for you!! The 20% off sale price will still stand! So get on down to the store and get shoppin'! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment