Thursday, December 9, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day Five

WooHoo!! I'm back with Day Five of Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas! I've got three tags just waiting to be posted and I can hardly wait! Tim is just rockin' the tags this year, so many techniques, using fun embellishments, the ink..it's the best!

OK, on to today's tag! Interestingly, I didn't have the facets that Tim used on his day four tag(although I now need them!), so I left that off. However, you should check out the very cool technique he demo'd on creating custom facets. (I tried the technique using Fragments, which also worked). However, for the day five tag I did have the metal numbers in my stash along with the metal flowers so I was able to add those embellishments to my tag. Heat embossing the metal numbers was very cool...I would never think of doing that or of using paint (vs. ink) as a medium for the embossing powder (Tim used extra thick embossing powder). Once the embossing powder dried, the numbers look like enamel, very cool! The rest of the tag is pretty self-explanatory...Some Distress Ink on the tag background, a few Nestibilities labels as a base for the numbers, and lots of Stickles!

Don't forget....20% off the following items (plus the other supplies previously mentioned):
  • Distress Inks
  • Paint daubers
  • Grunge paper
  • Numerals
  • Foliage
  • Tissue tape
  • Styled labels stamp set

No comments:

Post a Comment